Skydive from 14,500 ft (60 second free fall and 8 minute parachute).. Need we say more?! Located just 10 miles off the shore line of Lake Michigan, Hop The Pond has teamed up the only skydiving center that overlooks the skyline of Chicago and Lake Michigan - the best view in the Chicago area, hands down!
Hop The Pond's chartered trip gets you up there safely, we help with the check in process, take photos, and make sure you have as much fun as possible!
Please note: Inclement weather can impair skydiving for an hour, several hours, or sometimes even the entire day. Strong, gusty winds can be a factor as well as cloud coverage, rain or extreme temperatures (below 30 F). Weather forecasts are only forecasts, so we have to wait until the day and time of your appointment to see what the weather will bring.
We are not weather experts. We can only read weather forecasts and make predictions viewing the same information that you have access to. Please do not hold us accountable for weather, we want to skydive as much as you do!
If the weather is a factor and you are not able to make it on a jump you will be scheduled on the next charter.
- 8:30 AM - Check in at the Hop The Pond office (3435 North Sheffield)
- 9:00 AM - Bus leaves
- 10:45 AM - Arrive at the airport
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Check in and fill out all release forms
- 7 Plane Loads per bus will need to go up
- Depart promptly after final flight
- Arrive back at the Hop The Pond office (No later than 8 PM)
- Food and drink specials at Johnny O'Hagans until Midnight
You must be:
- 18 or over
- Under 250 lbs (113 kg) for Tandem skydives
What to bring:
- Photo ID with birthday (You will not be able to jump without this!)
- Comfortable clothes
- Tennis shoes, skate shoes or running shoes
- Sunscreen (we will be outside the whole day)
- A book, soccer ball, or football to past the down time